Art Raymond, chairman of the Challengers Award made the presentation at IWF 2016.
The winners of IWF’s 2016 Challengers Distinguished Achievement Award were announced on opening day of International Woodworking Fair.
The winners were selected from 21 finalists for this the 50th Anniversary of the award that is well known for recognizing companies who have distinguished themselves by developing innovative technology in products, services, or manufacturing techniques that will advance the industry.
The seven Challengers Award winners are:
- Bacci America for its CNC shaping and sanding machine
- Biesse America for the Viet robotic sander
- Fastenlink for its new, patent-pending fastening system
- Giben for its Giben by Anderson nested CNC router
- HOLZ-HER for its Ltronic edgebanding technology
- LMT Onsrud LP for the Polaris Compression cutting tool
- Salice America for the Salice Air hinge
The 2016 Challengers Distinguished Achievement Awards were announced during a special presentation held on the show floor Aug. 24and then the winners were presented with the now familiar distinctive bronze sculpture at their stands.