KCD Software founder John Murphy will be a presenter at the all-day CNC Symposium scheduled for Tuesday, Aug. 21, at the International Woodworking Fair in Atlanta.
Murphy will draw on his more than 30 years of woodworking industry experience to help companies choose their first or next CNC machine that best fits their business needs.
To be held from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 21 - the day before IWF starts - the CNC Symposium is a must for shop owners, manufacturers and business leaders already using or considering implementing CNC technology in their operations.
With four decades of custom cabinetmaking experience and 35 years continually developing integrated design and production software, John Murphy is uniquely qualified to present “Choosing Software for Your CNC.”
This talk will address the fundamental questions for custom woodworking shops to consider before investing in or expanding their CNC capabilities, including:
• The different types of CNC machines available;
• Determining which equipment is best suited for specific business models;
• What adding or expanding CNC technology can or cannot do for your business;
• Finding the right software fit in terms of capability, required technical expertise and goals;
• Considerations for minimizing disruption when implementing new CNC capabilities; and
• How to optimize your investments in agile manufacturing.
Geared toward both small shops and larger manufacturers, the CNC Symposium covers a wide variety of CNC-related topics and gives attendees an opportunity to talk to suppliers and CNC experts face-to-face.
Details and registration are available here: http://iwfatlanta.com/Education/CNC