REHAU Group is suspending its operations in Russia and issued the following statement.
“We have seen the development of the crisis and the suffering of the people in Ukraine with shock and great concern. As a company that operates in Ukraine, as well as in Russia and Belarus, we emphasize our position:
- We strongly condemn the attack on Ukraine and its people.
- It is a war against humanity, the freedom of everyone and peace in Europe.
- And thus against the values for which we as a REHAU Group stand with all our subgroups.
We have decided to suspend our operations in Russia and Belarus until further notice.
Russia in particular, where we have been present for many years, is an important market for us. We hope that the situation will soon change in such a way that we can resume our activities in both countries.
Our priority now is the safety of our colleagues and their families in Ukraine and those that are leaving the country. We began preparing possible contingency plans some time ago.
Concrete help is underway at various levels:
- Via the emergency aid fund "Family for Families," which has been endowed by the company with a significant sum to provide immediate assistance, but also to support reconstruction later on.
- Via the crisis taskforce, which coordinates support for our team in Ukraine, but also for the people fleeing. We are in constant contact with the local management for this.
- And via an account we have set up for donations from our 20,000 employees worldwide.
We hope for a peaceful outcome and our thoughts remain with everyone affected by the conflict.”